News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

For people who like to look at old stuff

Started by Jhared, August 31, 2014, 05:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhared

The national museum in my country has begun to upload pictures of their collection to a website, and I thought maybe some people were as ridiculous as me and found it interesting to look at. The national museum in Denmark has a big collection of Norse stuff, of course and some other things too. Here's the website if you want to have a look:

http://samlinger.natmus.dk/AS

Oh and uh, the category menu are those three lines beside the search bar, and I guess I should translate it for you:

- All collections
- Antiquity collection (This is usually foreign stuff like Greek artefacts)
- Conservation Department
- Denmark's Middle Age & Renaissance (Post-Viking Age until 1700CE)
- Denmark's Recent Times (1700CE+)
- Pre-Historic Denmark (Everything up until after the Viking Age, aka until the Middle Ages)
- The Royal Coin & Medal collection
- Ethnographic collection
- The Freedom Museum (WW2 things)
- Frilands Museum (Mostly empty, I can't remember what it is about)
- Music Museum
- About the national museum online

I can translate subcategories as well if you want, but otherwise you can just experiment. As a general thing:

Emner = Subjects
Temaer = Themes
Tid = Time

The website is not all done, I just thought it might be a fun thing to share with you folks. :p

Pedekele

Jhared

That one is pretty cool. :D Actually there's loads of awesome drinking horns in there. Think I saw one made of silver from the 19th Century and a couple made of glass.

dtoreo