News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Chronicles of Elyria

Started by Rumze, May 12, 2016, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumze

I was really disappointed with what happened with EQN. However, I came across this game on kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging

The people behind it come from big studios - it has an interesting concept. You play a soul that lives in a body for 12 months or less depending on how your life plays. Then you die permanently and have to use a spark of life (costs 25 dollars) to reincarnate in a biological heir or a unaffiliated person depending on if you want to carry over skill affinities or inheritance. Dying game reduces your overall life spawn by like 2 days.
The world changes depending on your interactions and from other players. Your character reflects your focus in game so like a baker would be not muscular compared to a blacksmith or a fighter. There are different stances for fighting. Magic is a result of a talent that you are born with, if your current character has it and has to be triggered for you to realise you have magic. Magic is also rare and feared etc. You can learn things from other people. You can buy land from the local count and sublet land. You can build a hamlet or village etc if you have lots of land together. No real questing.

Have a look and see if it interests you. Its almost reached its full goal in one week so there is support for it as well.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Mixxi

You need to talk to Lyrima! *points five threads down* 

http://sagafamily.org/index.php?topic=8692.0

Rumze

Oh gosh - I cant believe I missed that :X Also hurray ! ;D
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

PinkRose

Thanks Mixxi. I saw this earlier on mobile but couldn't find the link.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.