News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Tribute: I miss you 9/9/02

Started by Saga Librarian, December 08, 2006, 11:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Librarian

Kuladen
Greatest. Sexiest. Bard. Ever.

Kuladen moves through the tavern, a solemn look on his face. Having just heard about the troubles between his friends Alarielle and Korhil, he casts a downward glance where he is going only when completely necessary, the rest of the time he is lost in thought.

As such, he stumbles through the bar, knocking into people and finally rests at a table, hanging his head low. Waving away the waitress, he pulls out his mandolin and slowly starts strumming. His thoughts seem to even out, the tempo of the music ordering his thought around the notes and measures.

Looking up, he peers around at the tavern, there are other sad faces, but some happy ones as well. He stands and clears his throat as the opening measure flows into verse...

To see you when I wake up
is a gift
I didn't think could be real.
To know that you feel the same
as I do
is a three-fold utopian dream.
You do something to me
that I can't
explain.....
So would I be out of line
If I said....
I miss you......................

I see your picture I smell your skin on
the empty pillow
next to mine.
You have only been gone
10 days
but already I'm wasting away..
I know I'll see you again
whether far or soon........
But I need you to know
that I care......
and I miss you...........................................

Kuladen sits back down silently and lowers his head again, feeling better for getting that off his chest.

((Copyright Incubus 'I miss you' Album: Make Yourself (1999)))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alarielle
Wandering Paladin

Alarielle slowly walks into the tavern, she hears the sweet song being sung. Turning to look where the sound is coming from, she realises it is Kuladen. Smiling softly at the young bard she takes a seat at the table and orders a drink. she places her chin on her hands and her eyes never leaving her friend as each word touches her heart.