News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Still Alive

Started by Alirrin, May 31, 2011, 05:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alirrin

Just wanted to drop in and say that I'm still alive.  Dorothy's start date at Microsoft is June 13, so we're scrambling to get rid of things we don't need ahead of the movers coming in.  We're going to fly up the Thursday before her start to settle her and our daughter into the temporary apartment and do some searching for a permanent home; I'll fly back and finish getting the house in Fort Worth ready to sell.  Since I'm going to end up being here by myself for several weeks, I've been getting extra time in with the family, so even when I've had gaming time, it's been used to play co-op Portal 2 or boardgames with Alex. I am looking forward to getting back to Rift, and hope there are still people there when I return. ;-)

EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Lyrima

Well, as you have needed to step back for family reasons, Terim and I have been logging in more often!  Bou's been around too :)

I'm still adoring this game and Terim has taken up crafting, so we'll be around.  Enjoy your time with family!

xox
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Jezerai

I've been around, but it has been pretty quiet.  I picked up Tropico 2, one of my favorite old games, and have been busy building pirate paradises.  (Paradae?)  Anyway, grats on the move and looking forward to seeing you again soon!
EQ2: Boudeccai, Callysta, Dulcette, Mabb, Missa, Kudzoo, Negghia, Alanni
SWTOR: Jezerai, Callysta, Jujule, Myrriam, Catta, Temi'ana
TSW: Kud-zu, Teasel

Jasyn

Last week was rough for getting in game, but I made up for it over the long weekend (and what fun I had!).  :P

Good luck with all the life changing event activities and whatnot!  I, for certain, will still be playing Rift when you get back.  I may have even leveled by then.  :P

Alirrin

That "WOOT!" sound you may have just heard was me after hanging up the phone with the Math Chair at a private school who wants to schedule an interview with me.  :--- :---  Of the schools I applied to, this would be my first choice, and she made it sound like I am her first choice, assuming I interview well.  :--- :--- Assuming I can get my travel arrangements altered, the interview will be a week from Thursday.  As part of the interview I have to teach a class, which always makes me nervous - being observed teaching a lesson to students I don't know at the end of the year is a bit nerve wracking.

Anyway, everyone set a reminder to cross fingers, toes, or other appendages as appropriate for me!

Jasyn

Best of luck, Q!  Consider my appendages crossed.  O0

Korg Ironhand

Grats on how smooth things are going so far, and good luck with the interview. :) I have been playing, but I got some RL friends interested in the game whom I've played most of my online games with these past years, and they wanted to play on a PvP server. So, I've been playing defiants on the Sunrest Shard. On the plus side, I unexpectedly got three of them to try the Ascend a Friend trial, and they all bought the game, so I've got a great hat and an AWESOME mount out of it.  ;D
SWTOR: Rigg, Zieg
Rift: Laenha
EQ1: Korg Ironhand
Horizons: Zieg Farstrider

Jezerai

Everything will be crossed for you that is capable of crossing!  Painful though that may be ... I have no doubt you will be fabulous and wow everyone! O0

Corsair

That is so cool...good luck to ya sir....it sounds like a perfect situation!

I'll even cross my toes....not everyone can do that you know. Hmm...perhaps I have said too much....
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Jezerai

:o

Come back, Corsair!  We miss you!

Lyrima

YAY!

I have survived many, numerous model lessons in order to be hired.  You will too.

Good luck! :)
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Alirrin

Quote from: Corsair on June 01, 2011, 12:14:35 PM
I'll even cross my toes....not everyone can do that you know. Hmm...perhaps I have said too much....

Actually, my wife can, too. ... and perhaps I have said too much now ...

Quote from: Lyrima on June 01, 2011, 04:35:51 PM
I have survived many, numerous model lessons in order to be hired.  You will too.

The last one I did, the school wasn't able to schedule the interview during school, so I gave the lesson to four faculty members. That was a bit odd ;)  I'm looking forward to this one, with real students.  I'm just waiting to find out what subject and what lesson they want me to give ...