News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Your LOL for the day

Started by Alirrin, October 12, 2011, 10:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkRose

I watched Dukes of Hazzard growing up. It was must-see TV for my family.
My dad was a pretty good Roscoe Impression.
I liked it so much I couldn't watch the new Dukes of Hazzard.
I watched the video a second time. It's just not humourous to me.
I LOL at good dark subtle humour.
And the use of extra "u"s.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

RavenMiles

Quote from: Ryscandor on October 26, 2011, 12:14:33 PM
Totally unrelated to anything current, but a LOL that I posted on another board, regarding the planets in Mass Effect 3.  Sorry, only Mass Effect players will get it:

Quote"No Elcor homeworld?! Come on...there had better be a production of Hamlet by the Elcor acting troupe, at least. I expect fan service!"

Elcor Customs Agent: (feigning enthusiasm) Welcome to the Elcor homeworld. The most fun place in the universe.

Elcor Mime: (I am in a box) (Oh, where is the exit to this box) (I am incapable of finding the exit to this box) (look at me)

Elcor Classical Actor (Joe Pesci) I'm funny how. Funny like I'm a clown. Am I here to I amuse you.

Elcor Prostitute: (tawdry erotic overtones) Is that the Citadel in your pants. Or are you just happy to see me.
:2funny: i Love it. That was great.
Raven Miles -ToR
Raven Miles - GW2

RavenMiles

Raven Miles -ToR
Raven Miles - GW2

meatgrin

So running with the Dukes of Hazzard theme...I guess that makes Bo and Luke Duke, Han and Luke.  Daisy Duke would be Leia.  Roscoe P. Coltrane would be Darth Vader and Boss Hog would be Emporer Palpatine.  So the question is....who would be Cletus???  Inquiring minds wanna know.   ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. 

Mixxi

Your barista: Admiral Akbar!

Jasyn

Quote from: meatgrin on October 30, 2011, 09:32:38 AM
So running with the Dukes of Hazzard theme...I guess that makes Bo and Luke Duke, Han and Luke.  Daisy Duke would be Leia.  Roscoe P. Coltrane would be Darth Vader and Boss Hog would be Emporer Palpatine.  So the question is....who would be Cletus???  Inquiring minds wanna know.   ;D

Didn't notice it earlier, but it's interesting (in a non-overthought way) that the video posted earlier in the thread didn't have anyone assigned to the role of Vader, though Greedo P. Coltrane has a ring to it.  I liked their choice for Hogg = Jabba, though.  Also R2-Cle2, not so much for appropriateness  of the role as much as being clever with his name.  :)

PinkRose

Meatgrin, you obviously didn't watch the video.
Dukes of Star Wars
All characters are represented and titled.

Here's my new favorite video.
Star Wars explained by a Three-year-old
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Jasyn

Quote from: Ryland on October 30, 2011, 01:58:48 PM

Can't remember where or when, but I'd swear I've seen that one before, and it's still a hoot. 

"Obikenobi"  ;D

Cyrian

"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" Sir Osric The Chaste

meatgrin

Guilty as charged...I failed to watch the Dukes of Star Wars before making that post, however I think Vader as Roscoe is a better choice and Emporer Palapatine as Boss Hogg....well I think Palapatine could give Jabba a run for his money in the "head honcho I own everything in the Universe department."   ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. 

Jasyn

Quote from: meatgrin on October 30, 2011, 07:35:53 PM
Guilty as charged...I failed to watch the Dukes of Star Wars before making that post, however I think Vader as Roscoe is a better choice and Emporer Palapatine as Boss Hogg....well I think Palapatine could give Jabba a run for his money in the "head honcho I own everything in the Universe department."   ;D

Okay, to round out the joke, which would be funnier as a name?  Darth P. Coltrane?  Roscoe P. Vader?

I'm not sure what to do with the hybridization of the Emperor's and Boss Hogg's names, though.  However, the thought of Emperor Palpatine in an all white robe, bow tie, cowboy hat, and cigar makes me giggle a little bit.  Have him put on a few pounds... I could go with that.

;D

RavenMiles

Quote from: Ryland on October 30, 2011, 01:58:48 PM
Meatgrin, you obviously didn't watch the video.
Dukes of Star Wars
All characters are represented and titled.

i have seen that on. i love it.
Raven Miles -ToR
Raven Miles - GW2

Cyrian

"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" Sir Osric The Chaste

RavenMiles

Raven Miles -ToR
Raven Miles - GW2

BjörnBlackmane

Forum Name: Bobinator.

Jasyn

BjörnBlackmane

Forum Name: Bobinator.

Lyrima

QuoteQuote from: Rhaeton on November 16, 2011, 06:52:53 PM

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6453421/simon-pegg-and-nick-frosts-star-wars

This is the only one that cracked me up :)

Dukes of Hazard didn't do it for  me either...Guess Ryland and I share a similar sense of humor because the 3 year old was amusing (even if I didn't laugh out loud like I did the college humor one =)

My two absolute favorite SW videos are as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVjKlBCvhg

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC