News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[SW-TOR] A distress call (finished)

Started by Althion, January 04, 2012, 11:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Althion

Vark Becmitre walks into the main cabin of his freighter.  He slumps down onto the couch and looks around nervously.  Noting that his crew is occupied in other parts of the ship, he reachs into a pocket.  Vark fishs out his holocommunicator and looks at it for a few moments wrestling with whether or not he can find the answers he seeks.

With a grim nod, Vark thumbs the activator and punches up Saga's common channel. In a shaken voice, Vark asks, "H-howdy all.  Is there a Jedi Seer out there who might be able to give me some advice?"

Vark leans back and looks at the holocommunicator waiting for a response.
Althion - "To do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."  Quigon Jin
Vark Becmitre - My pappy always said, "Never kick a man in the knee when you can kick him in the back of the knee."

Vifi Sunfell

An older woman's voice replies over the comm, "This is Vifi Sunfell, currently in the Core sectors.

Master Vilidius mentioned you once Captain Vark. Anyone he mentions without using the adjectives 'vile' or 'corrupted' or 'ultimate evil in the galaxy' are all fair game.

How can I assist?"

Althion

Vark responds into his comm, "Master Sunfell, or is it Mistress?  Mistress just doesn't sound right for a Jedi." Vark gives a slight nervous chuckle before continuing.

"Anyway, have you studied the healing arts? A...ah, friend of mine has some health concerns.  He thought it best to check with the Jedi..."
Althion - "To do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."  Quigon Jin
Vark Becmitre - My pappy always said, "Never kick a man in the knee when you can kick him in the back of the knee."

Vifi Sunfell

"If you call me Mistress Sunfell, I have to charge you extra," replied the Jedi dryly.

"All Jedi have studied healing and meditation to some point. It's a foundation on which we start our understanding and interpretation of and our coexistence with the Force."

After a short pause, she continued, "I doubt you need to know more about our central tenets right now. How can I guide you?"

Althion

Vark pauses for a moment, thinking over Vifi's reply.  He gets up from the common area and walks toward his stateroom.  "Vifi, can you switch over to channel Bravo Seven and activate your comm scrambler? Please."  As the smuggler passes through the bulkhead, he taps the door activator.  The door slides closed with a his, giving Vark the privacy he desires.

Vifi Sunfell

"T7, let's listen to some good old Corellian music, shall we?"

After a few fades, clicks and pops, the two comms synch back up again.

"I can tell you're very nervous, Captain. Even tens of thousands of parsecs aren't obfuscating that. What's got you so ansy? Dioxo-brionchiectasis, Hesken Fever, Rodian Jungle Rot? Have we been spending too much time on Nar Shaddaa?"

Althion

Vark switchs his comm over and hits the scambler.  After a brief squak, the device syncs up with Vifi's holocommunicator.  Vark listens and winces.

"Not exactly, Vifi.  It started a week ago or so.  On Tatooine my goals aligned with those of a Dark Lord from Koribaan.  Odd I know!  Anyway, I wasn't doing anything illegal at the time.  So we exchanged...ah...plesantries," Vark half mumbled sheepishly.

"Since then, I have been feeling a little odd.  While driving a speeder back on Corscant, I wanted to shoot folks when I was stuck in traffic.  During a trip to Ord Mantell, I gave some poor mark directions to the cantina rather than the med center - just to have a laugh."

Vark paused and then continued, "You don't think I have contracted Sithilis do you?"

Vifi Sunfell

A long silence punctuates the conversation. Eventually, it's interrupted by the twittering of an astromech unit.

"So."

There was a long inhale, audible even over the comm channel.

"You shagged a Sith, and now you think you're turning evil?"

After a few clicks, which sounded like the rapping of fingernails against a console, "I can tell you that wanting to shoot other people in Coruscanti traffic is perfectly normal. Even the Caamasi want to do that from time to time.

Let me ask you, were you incredibly drunk when you were on Ord Mantell?"

Althion

"Oh no, no.  We did not shag really.  As it turns out, our goals were more briefly intersecting than aligned.  So no shagging."  Vark pauses and clears his throat before continuing.

"I don't think she turned me evil.  She wasn't that pretty.  But you don't think she could have infected me with some illness or something, do you?"

((Vifi, thanks for playing along! I got the idea for this during a quest and just had to have some fun with it!  :P  ))

Vifi Sunfell

"Hmm. Not shagging makes less interesting. Are you turning into a Rakghoul?

I don't think there are any communicable diseases that will make you evil. Being around a dark Jedi could make you evil, but not in a short period of time.

Sith can pervert the Force itself using something they call sorcery. I'd recommend meditating with a Jedi. If there's something truly wrong, that might discover it."

Althion

The zabrak nodded as he listed to the Jedi's response.  He felt a little easier that the Sith probably did not do any major damage to him.  He thought back over his long list of ex's and did not remember any Sith Lords.  One or two had been mean enough, but none were actually practicing Sith...that he remembered.

With a gleam in his eye and a slight smirk, Vark said into the comm, "Meditating with a Jedi you say?  Is that what you call it?  I will have to look into this."

Vifi Sunfell

"Abilities such as healing or sensing the dark side - these are very basic concepts. Any Jedi can do this given the person, the proximity and the perseverance.

The more familiar one is with the person, the easier it is to do certain things with the Force. If you're in the same room rather than another side of a city, it is easier to work with the Force. Given enough time to consider and move within the Force is the last factor.

Given enough time, even a Padawan could conceivably sense the specter of Sith sorcery. They'd just do it much more slowly than a Jedi Master.

If you feel that it is a possibility you have been the target of sorcery, I urge you to seek out a Jedi who can do this with you.

I feel like I'm back teaching one of my classes."

Althion

"Padawans do it more slowly than masters?  That is certainly something to consider.  However, I am sure a master is much more knowledgeable.  It would give me greater peace of mind having meditated with a master.  To be honest, this whole affair has given me the heebie geebies.

Vark thinks for a moment about his limited dealings with the Jedi, especially any at the academies.  He draws a blank on contacts on Tython.

Vifi Sunfell

"We're talking Force theory, but yes a Padawan will usually take a greater amount of time and need more favorable conditions to succeed at something versus a master.

That length of time could be completely impractical. For example, if a youngling were attempting to move an object using the Force, it could take a minute to be successful. This would be impractical in a combat situation where you are required to act within a moment.

Both the Master and youngling can achieve the same end, but it is the Master that can apply it practically to a larger variety of situations.

Was there any other assistance you needed, Captain Vark?"

Althion

"Thank you Vifi, our discussion has been most enlightening.  You have given me much to consider.  If you ever need to run a sector blockade, The Double Down and I are at your service."

Vark had worked with the ocassional jedi in the past, but it wasn't a common occurance.  Normally he would start shaking his information network, but in this instance, discretion is definitely in order.

Vifi Sunfell

"Be seeing you.  Sunfell out."

After a short moment of static, the sound from comms goes out entirely.