News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[WS] Welcome Guts McGurt! {R}

Started by GutsMcGurt, May 27, 2014, 10:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GutsMcGurt

Hiya!  I am following Rumze's suggestion and posting on here with a little bit about myself.  I've been RPing since I was a little kid and playing Ninja's with my friend, but around 11 that evolved to table top RP with RIFTS from Palladium.  In 1995 it evolved again and my friend told me about this great new game (that surprisingly wasn't something Warcraft related) that can be played online called Meridian 59.  It was the first graphical MMO and we ate it up.  I tended to lean more towards RPing in it while he did PvP, but we had fun on there for a few years.  I did some Yahoo RP chat for a few years in the late 90s, Gaia Online, and College introduced me to D&D.  MMO's wise I've tried quite a few (really, it's a pretty big list) though I admit to not RPing in all of them.  The big ones for RPing were Meridn 59, then WoW, Guild Wars 2, City of Heroes, and a few scattered ones that my SO and I played.  I'm also lucky to have a partner in crime to RP and play games with inbetween our 9-5 jobs and our side business.  We both are pretty chill and laid back people.  We like to be around people that RP how they want but have respect for the lore while just remembering the game is fun.  We both enjoy dungeoning and questing together, especially with other people we know just want to have fun, don't mind some goofing off, and realize that people make mistakes.

Please write an introduction to your character. (I won't go too indepth here because I like people to find out my character's info through RP, rather than laying everything out)
name Shaylene Driftstone (name pending, didn't reserve this one)
race Aurin
gender Female
profession Stalker Tank
alignment Neutral good probably.  I tend to get concepts in my head but the characters tend to go a natural path as I RP that may or may not follow what I had thought.
If you have any crafting disciplines or have other talents, please include those as well.  Currently plan on her having straight up gathering skills and PROBABLY be a settler.
Do you have alternate characters on the same server? Got two other characters in my head right now, but I will admit to being an Altoholic.

How did you hear of us? My SO (Arcadia) found out about this guild on the Wildstar RP forums.

Is there anyone you have got to know from the family, IC or OOC? Talked briefly with Rumze.  Seems nice.

What types of games have you participated in? (include all types, such as pen/paper or MMORPGs, PC, Console, board games, card games.)  See above.  But yeah, everything you guys just listed I have tried.

What other games are you interested in that Saga participates or is moving towards? I have a GW2 account, and EQ Next looks fun but not sure yet.

What aspects of gaming have you enjoyed in the past and/or looking forward to enjoying with Saga? Light raiding, dungeon delving, situational roleplay, story-writing, crafting, PvP, etc. Light raiding isn't bad.  I've tried raiding before (WoW BC) and THANKFULLY came across a guild I was with shortly that was nice and pretty chill.  They didn't mind me RPing and liked my Pally build (AoE grind build FTW). But dungeoning is all good in my book, I typically play a tank role (All three character ideas I have right now are tanks to give you an idea) and I LOVE finding the pros and cons of each.  Situtional RP is just fine by me, I'm a go with the flow sorta guy.  Story-writing works for me since I have dabbled some in writing ^^b.  PvP... if I'm REALLY bored or am with a group that won't take it too serious.

What are you looking for as a member of our guild? If I haven't made it pretty clear, I want to be around people that see this as a game and a way to have fun ^^b. 

Have you read and agree to our Guild Policies and Guidelines? Si.

Please answer the following three questions, IN CHARACTER:
Tell us of your past.
"*Shaylene, who was a moment ago smiling and being very pleasent looks down and rubs her arm* Is it alright if I don't go back too far?  We all know about the Chua reaping and I'd rather not get back into it.  *She goes silent and blinks several times in thought.  She lets her hand fall back to her side and looks back up with a tad bit of what looks like a force smile.* But lately I've been working the garden in the ship and checking in with my commanding officer.  She is really nice!  I mean.. she's a Grannok so of course she is a little rough around the edges... *she forces herself not to giggle* get it... rough around the edges?  Like a rock?  *realizes she failed horribely and shrugs* Any who!  But I was assigned to her for combat training incase the ship comes under attack inbetween my shifts in the garden.  *She leans in to whisper* In my opinion, that won't happen... *Sits back up with an innocent look on her face* I mean, the training is really tough and I've been sent to the sick bay alot from bruises stuff from her... but she says I'm a weak Aurin and need to learn how to toughen up! *Shaylene puffs up her cheeks and flexes.. she is actually abit more muscular than a typical Aurin* She says I'm coming along great though!  I mean... it hurts... a lot... but it beats being in cryo... I think... *her eyes blinks* I haven't tried it... but I didn't like the sound of it when they gave me the choice of that or helping on the ship."

What hobbies and quests do you presently have? "Oh!  Well I tend the gardens... climb the vines to makes sure they aren't getting behind any of the panels of the dome... go to training... so yeah!... that's it!  *It's obivous her excitement is once again a little forced.*"

Where do you see yourself in the future? "On Nexus!  Oh how I so want to go down to Nexus and see what they have down there!  I heard there are all sorts of animals and monsters! *she scrunches up her body and face with a smile in enthusiasm*  Oh I can't wait!  I'm going to go down and see what sort of plants and animals are hiding!  Gonna help out with the settlements and finally see a sky!  I mean.. space is ok... but come on... SKY!..... Nexus has a sky right?" 

Closing comments OOC - I won't deny that I have some negatives.  Mostly I'm not that big of a forum person, but I'll try to be on here when I can (Considering I can actually get on the site at work... means I might be on here pretty often).  Also I have this thing with not typing what my character is thinking and instead try to rely heavy on body langauge.  Some people seem to really dislike how I do that... not sure why... *grumbles about damn telepaths*. 
But ultimately I am generally a pretty easy guy to get along with.  I tend to be very helpful and am pretty good at looking at other people's perspectives rather than argue.  I also can get pretty chatty in Guild chat and like to get involved when not in the middle of something.  Hopefully you will see me and I will see this guild as a good fit ^^b.
Characters -
(Shaylene) Shaylene Driftstone : Aurin Stalker (tank) Outfitter Soldier
(Milner) Joseph Milner : Human Engineer (tank) Architect Settler
(Tanua) Tanua ? : Human Esper (DPS)... drunk... explorer.
(Neyrid) Dr. Neyrid Wonderleaf : Aurin Spellslinger (Healer) technologist and scientist.

Rumze

Hey ! Welcome to our forums!
Forum interaction is not a big thing, just enough to keep abreast of stuff. I look forward to the days when the guild hi can hold a ton of info :p
I'm a chatter as well ingame so it's awesome to hear you are as well!

Just a quick welcome as I'm at work !
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

GutsMcGurt

Thanks for taking the time for the welcome ^^.
Characters -
(Neyrid) Dr. Neyrid Wonderleaf : Aurin Spellslinger (Healer) technologist and scientist.

Gith

Yea, just hop onto Mumble sometimes and that is good enough.

Welcome to the ranks of Aurin. I too shall be a multi-coloured cat/bat/monkey/whatever thingey from the foresty world!

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

GutsMcGurt

Thanks ^^.  Yeah got an Aurin planned, a Mordesh who should be pretty interesting, and a human.  KINDA have a Grannok planned but it isn't set in stone... HAHAHA....ha....ha....
Characters -

Rumze

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Elly

Hello! Here is a welcoming offering of Saga pie!

Hope to see ya around this weekend!  :)

Elly/Elandrie

GutsMcGurt

Characters -

Forsetti

Hey Guts!

It's so great to see all of the enthusiasm around here for WildStar!
Grammar: The difference between knowing your s**t & knowing you're s**t.....

Elsavette

Welcome! Your aurin sounds like a dynamic character with great opportunity for growth and depth through her interactions with other characters. I look forward to seeing both of you in game.

GutsMcGurt

Thanks again for even more welcomes.  Yeah I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to handle her.  I'm a huge person on combat/melee style characters having an actual fighting style and how it reflects their personality (Though i do very little fighting IC), and she has been fun since she is gonna be a Stalker Tank.  So trying to keep the personality and feel of an aurin, with the back story and fighting style touches.... I think I'll have fun with her and will be a good character for me to start this setting with.

Just wait till you see my Mordesh.... oooohhhh the plans I have for him.
Characters -

PinkRose

Welcome to the Saga guild!

Please be sure to read the posts stickied at the top of this forum and be sure you agree with the rules and charter. This guild has a history, as you will see. It is, well, a Saga.

Thank you for filling out the Roster Card. This procedure is for the others here who will not see you in Wildstar so they can get to know you.

Saga is also part of a multi-game guild formed when a few wandered off to try other games. Sister guilds have formed, and we all come here to check on each other. This multi-game guild is currently called SagaFamily. We are indeed a family.

As an Initiate, you should now have access to the private game related forums, such as questing and crafting disciplines.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome!

PinkRose
Master of Initiates
Saga
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Facet