News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

PAX East

Started by Cyrian, November 12, 2014, 08:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrian

Just lookin to see if anyone is hitting PAX East in March.  I'll be there all 3 days and would love to meet anyone who shows up :)  Check in!

"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" Sir Osric The Chaste

Gith

I am actually not working that entire weekend so far. The only good thing about a rotating schedule is you know when you will be working pretty much indefinitely. I could turn that weekend into a roadtrip perhaps ...

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Auren

Six hours to Boston... Merila and I could probably do that, if she's interested.  We'll see what shapes up as it gets closer.

PinkRose

PAX East was a whole lot of fun when my wife and I went in 2011.
It's all in one convention center. I highly recommend it for those that can make it.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Menemas

Only 30 minutes for me....I'm in!
"I hate playing against you.  You, specifically.  You're the BEST F'n ball runner in the world.  I HATE when you're on the other side.  Oh, I'm Menemas, and I have 1.2 Billion health!"  - Xho.....about Huttball.

Menemas

Just picked up a Friday pass, Saturday was sold out.  Looking forward to it!
"I hate playing against you.  You, specifically.  You're the BEST F'n ball runner in the world.  I HATE when you're on the other side.  Oh, I'm Menemas, and I have 1.2 Billion health!"  - Xho.....about Huttball.

PinkRose

There's a great bar downtown, I hear.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Gith

Ahahahaha Menemas. I just noticed your signature!

It would be about an 8hr drive for me but I would love to go if my schedule allows.

Passes are already sold out? I would come down just to meet people and have a nice dinner out with ya all.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Cyrian

Lovely, looking forward to meeting you Meanie, and hopefully you Gith, and anyone else that can come!

"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" Sir Osric The Chaste

Menemas

Not all passes are sold out, just the Saturday and 3-day passes.  That said, I've been able to pick up a pass on the street with no problem, and not having to pay extra.  Friend's sometimes don't show up! 

Menemas

Also, I think in Pinky told me that you can volunteer some of your time and that will get you a pass of some sort?  I'm sure he'll clarify.

I do miss our Huttball matches.....

PinkRose

I have volunteered at PAX Prime and GenCon with WotC and DM'd D&D games for a free pass.
In the past, you had to volunteer 16 hours for a 3 day pass, I think. I always do 8 blocks (32 hours) for a free hotel, but then I haven't spent time visiting with friends.
PAX East was my first Con and I was with my wife so we spent it together and with Menemas. (Not at the same time. Well for a bit. BAH! You know what I mean.)
I'll find out who's in charge and get you more info if you want to go that route.

Zemnari

Only if Gith picks me up on his way down.  ;D

Gith

This could be arranged. You in/near Toronto?

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Menemas

Two weeks out!  Time for figure out details!  Show opens at 10, people will certainly be there early.  If they get the MBTA up and running by then, I'll likely take that into the city, so I don't have to deal with morning traffic.  The subway is just down the street.  I propose that anyone who will be present Friday meet near the will-call counter around 10 am? 

Any other suggestions, questions, etc?

Menemas

Merila

I love how I find out about this via perusing the boards rather than hearing about it from my husband. XD

I agree with Gith, even if Auren and I can't swing passes, if ya'll plan to be in town, I'd love to meet up for some hang time and food. So, count us in (assuming Auren can get the time off)? ^_^
GW2 - Merila Dorne
SWTOR - Amaiko, Jenasha

I write poetry and fiction. You can read some here.

PinkRose

Meeting for drinks is what Menemas and I did in 2012.
So I highly recommend that at the least.
However, I loved PAXEast. It was a very cool Con. Not too big and not too small.
If you can make it, GO!

Lyrima

Awww I wish I could :/

News from the home front...my brother suddenly died in late January and it's been pretty awful to be me recently.  Thank god for fantastic family and work place support.  We just got back from upstate CT for my brother's memorial and while we'll be up and back there over the Spring and Summer, there's no way we'll be in Boston for PAX East.

Oh well. Next year.

(I say that EVERY year, don't I ?)
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

ElektroViking

A bit far for myself as well.
But if anyone will be around Atlanta GA come Memorial "Labor Day" Weekend.
DragonCon 2015, I will be at. And more then willing to meet/hang out/drinks/Whatever.
I'll be debuting King Duka this year for the DC parade. :tan:

work in progress.  :coolsmiley:
EQ1: (league of shadows) Zaemai Solusekro, Bryars Bloodrose
EQ2: (Saga) Tanuvan, Ticki, Rizzle
SWtoR: (Dark Squadron) Darth Pernicious
GW2: (Saga) Rick Ratchyt(80), Ticki Tock(80), Duegar, Mystic Krull

Cyrian

I will be going on reccomendations and waiting till around 11 to make my grand entrance.  If anyone would like to send me a PM, I can drop my cell number and we can figure out where to meet up then!