News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

La la la la life goes on

Started by Mixxi, November 21, 2014, 06:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxi

So, as of tomorrow, I will be hospicing my father at my house. The last few weeks have been a rough ride, but it looks like the drives across the state of California several times a week will be a thing of the past.

I apologize for not being around, but needs must, as we all know.

I have missed you all terribly. It's hard to be absent from one family when the needs of the other family consume one's life.

I'm looking forward to being around again.

*grabs Saga and envelopes everyone in a hug*

:BH:

Lyrima

I am glad you are back and so sorry for the reason of your absence.

May this next phase of your life be filled with appreciation, love, strength and laughter.

..and may this family help you hide, decompress and otherwise weather what is to come.

xo
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Corsair

*hugs*

Much love and good wishes to You, your dad, and your whole clan Mixxi. (And no apologies for being awesome, please.)

Your dad seems to be an awfully cool gent. Taking his kids to Ren Faire, and flying for VF-66. That is two very different flavors of cool to wrapped up in one person just for starters....I bet the rest of that list is pretty great to look back on.

I guess we know where you get your  :coolsmiley: from eh?

:BH:
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Jasyn

I hate to hear of your trial laden weeks, but I'm glad that you're doing okay, and I hope the days to come will get a little easier for everyone.  :hug:

Tys

Miss you, Mixxi. I hope everything turns out well for you and your father.

Pedekele

Mixxi, you're a very loving person, i'm sure you'll master this situation! I wish you all the best, much lucks and many hugs!

Mixxi

Thanks so much for all the warm support.  :smitten:

Dad would have totally fit in with Saga, had he been born into a different generation.

I thought I'd share something that might give you some insight into the man who raised me. This is the trailer for a documentary that Frank Thompson, the movie historian who writes the movie-history segments for the hosts on AMC cable channel, made. It's about my dad and his friends cosplaying in the desert back in 1939. :)  My dad's Nord (short for Nordstrom).

Trailer for The Lost Remake of Beau Geste:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8QDAEkBHQ

And here's a pic of him testpiloting Navy jets after WWII. My mom always hated this picture because she thought the oxygen hose looked "naughty". :D

http://navypilotoverseas.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/nord-whited-ryan-fr-1-fireball-pilot-of-vf-66-march-1945/

Cyrian

"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" Sir Osric The Chaste

Sroth

I was beginning to wonder what happened to our Mixxi! It's good to see you, and I hope things improve.
In the mean time please enjoy this pie!

Talon

Sroth. I find it tremendously insensitive that you would offer her a single piece when the rest of the pie is RIGHT THERE. :P

Mixxi, love and shelter are here for you always. And pie, of course.
Thinking of you and your family.

Jasyn

Now, now.  SROTH offered her PIE!  That's a pretty monumental gesture coming from someone who has been seen loitering at the other end of the bakery.  ;)

Corsair

I am SO glad you posted that picture Mixxi!

i wanted to, but I really felt that it was not my place. So great, and I love it even more with the bit about your mom. Classic.

And the college underground movie, holy crap! Another bit of pretty epic cool on his list.

Thank you for sharing.....

SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Askari

The trailer about Nord and the gang remaking Beau Geste put a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing! Wishing you and your family all the best.
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Sroth

Quote from: Jasyn on November 22, 2014, 09:08:01 PM
Now, now.  SROTH offered her PIE!  That's a pretty monumental gesture coming from someone who has been seen loitering at the other end of the bakery.  ;)
Think of it this way, if I don't eat the pie, there's more for everyone else!

Also, I have been eating some pumpkin pie lately. It's not usually my thing, but where we get them from has pretty good pie.

Rumze

Im glad you and your family are doing well Mixxi!

Thinking of you and yours
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

PinkRose

We're here when you need us,
And still here when you don't.
Good luck, best wishes and heartfelt prayers being sent to you and your other family as you continue this journey.

The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Alirrin

Likewise, ditto, and big hugs all around!
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Jhared

Quote from: Mixxi on November 22, 2014, 10:36:27 AM
Thanks so much for all the warm support.  :smitten:

Dad would have totally fit in with Saga, had he been born into a different generation.

I thought I'd share something that might give you some insight into the man who raised me. This is the trailer for a documentary that Frank Thompson, the movie historian who writes the movie-history segments for the hosts on AMC cable channel, made. It's about my dad and his friends cosplaying in the desert back in 1939. :)  My dad's Nord (short for Nordstrom).

Trailer for The Lost Remake of Beau Geste:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8QDAEkBHQ

And here's a pic of him testpiloting Navy jets after WWII. My mom always hated this picture because she thought the oxygen hose looked "naughty". :D

http://navypilotoverseas.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/nord-whited-ryan-fr-1-fireball-pilot-of-vf-66-march-1945/
Hey, that's pretty cool! :D Also some belated support from me.  :BH:

Mixxi

Just a quick update. Dad passed away this last weekend at my home. He had a great life with no regrets. We should all be so lucky.   O0

Tys

My condolences to you, Temus, your husband and the rest of your family. We are here for you if need be.