News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Started by Titia, January 16, 2016, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titia

I'm not sure any of you is aware of Brad's new toy. Pantheon: rise of the fallen  (https://pantheonmmo.com) really looks and feels like Vanguard did back in the days.

I haven't pledged yet, but I certainly consider  ;)

Edit: corrected typo in url (damn virtual keyboard)
Edit: Changed Title so the game was clear.

Jasyn

https://pantheonmmo.com/

Kind of surprised to see the plans for this one are still alive after the Kickstarter from a couple of years ago almost didn't even meet 50% of its goal.

Some of the lore looks interesting, and you're right... it feels very Vanguardian.

I suggest that the most encouraging part is that Brad is the studio's Creative lead and NOT the CEO... however, many of his views have not evolved, which gives me pause for concern, not knowing how they plan to sustain themselves targeting only a niche market, which in and of itself is totally okay.

Jhared

It does looks interesting. When/if it comes out I'd certainly want to give it a spin. :D

PinkRose

Agreed. my money had to choose between this and Landmark, and I backed Landmark.
Since being burned by that, I've really laid off backing unfinished games, so I haven't purchased Pantheon yet either. However, I have been following the public information, and I'm interested if only for meaningful death.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Corsair

I backed 2 PC games, Landmark, and Pillars of Eternity. So, .500 batting average.

I admit, I WANT to believe in this. But belief is harder to come by these days than it once was....
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

PinkRose

I would say I got my $50 out of Landmark, but I spent $100 so...
PoE was excellent.
And the ideas behind Pantheon are really hitting home with me but that's the point of a Nostalgic game.
So I'll definitely be interested when this becomes more of an actual thing to play.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Mixxi

I don't get the Halfling curse thing. Anyone want to explain it to me? Do they really live forever, but only mature as far as adolescence? That's kind of what I'm getting out of this. It sounds...kind of hellish. Eternal puberty. Geez. I don't think I'd want to see their towns. They must be buried under huge piles of dirty clothes and ancient drink cups.

Jasyn

I have yet to read all of the racial lore, but on the Halflings, I'm not entirely clear on that detail myself.

This is my interpretation on subsequent readings:

The Laughing Wraith presented the choice of one of two gifts directly to King Olenspeth III and not to his people.  Sure, had he chosen a reign of peace, his people could have enjoyed lives free of conflict for as long as he ruled, but Olenspeth was selfish, and instead chose eternal life at unexpected collateral cost.

And so Molsth granted the King his gift at the expense of stunting his people's full maturity--but not necessarily granting them any sort of immortality--while also forcing Olenspeth to witness the full progression of the curse placed upon his people, a generation at a time.

Upon the 10th generation, the other half of the Halfling's physical maturity would be forfeit, and they would then be born ethereally so that Molsth could directly consume the Halfling souls and restore his ability to walk as a physical being among the living--at least before Lyone interrupted the curse.

I think the Haflings have become Partial Peter Pans.  Upon "maturity," they live a lifetime of adolesence, rather than eternal puberty.  Splitting hairs, perhaps?  After all, as an adolescent, you are "indestructible," and a lifetime lasts "forever"!

Mixxi

Well, I don't see that as any great big deal, then.

After all, I reached maturity a helluva long time ago and I'M still an adolescent.

I could see being biologically arrested as a "curse" but just having an "adolescent" mindset doesn't seem like much in the way of burdens to bear. I think just about everyone here falls into that category to some extent. At least I HOPE so!  :---

PinkRose

Jasyn

Pre-pre-Alpha gameplay video released by the team and Brad a few days ago for anyone curious about how things are progressing (or for anyone like me who was curious to see that there was any progress at all).

https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms/v/53850665

I haven't watched the whole thing.  The video is more than 90 minutes long, and these gents are not the most dynamic of presenters.

PinkRose

Looks a lot like EQ2 to me.
If it looks like EQ2 though 10 years more modern, and plays like EQ, I'm definitely in.
But if there is one mention of a voxel, I will throw things. BIG HEAVY THINGS!

Titia

With EQN now dead I think I'll back this. The Twitch session definitively make me want to see where this is going :)

PinkRose

I thought the twitch session was really lame, to be honest.
That video appeared to have people that aren't comfortable on camera.
A lot of just moving. No real showing of Pantheon.
It could have been any generic MMO.
If I was showing off gameplay footage for a game that people have been waiting years for, it would have been a much bigger deal.
I'm also not much of a twitch guy. I like my promotional material edited and slick.
I hope the next thing wows me.

Talon

I saw some news about this game and remembered there was talk of it in Saga.

So thought I'd pass on that if you want to pledge at the higher tiers and haven't then you need to do so now because they will be removing them soon. They are adding a new pledge level ($50) instead.

Quote from: PantheonDue to popular demand a new $50 pledge tier will be available September 12th. This new tier will be a bare bones entry level pledge and will provide a single copy of the game at launch, supporter level forum access, the in-game title of Pantheon Explorer, and early name reservation.
In addition to this new tier we will be removing the Knight's ($100) and Patron's ($150) pledges from the store. We are nearing capacity for alpha and access to it at this level is a thank-you to the early adopters. The two tiers being removed will be replaced with similar pledge tiers without alpha access to the game. So if you have been considering one of these tiers, act now before they go away September 12th.
If you have already purchased a Knight's or Patron's pledge, your pledge does not change. You will still have access to the alpha build of the game when it becomes available.

Mixxi

I've joined the FB group of folks from FV who are planning a guild. Mostly League of Shadows folks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/633462869997469/

PinkRose

I backed it at the $100 level. So I'll get beta access whenever that is. Sometime Q1, 2017 is the proclaimed date at this time.
I missed EQ beta because I didn't understand what it was. I'm not missing another shot. Plus, at $100, it just means my kids eat PB&J for a month.
They don't have to know why.

Corsair

Well, I set aside my apprehensions and backed this as well.

Hopefully a year or so from now I will be thinking this was a very smart decision!

SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

PinkRose

Or we can be miserable together.
YAY!

Corsair

Misery LOVES company.

/Hugs.

Dang, now I am recalling a character named Miserie...the original incarnation of who some of you may recall later on FV as Vallya...or later yet as Onichibae in Vanguard.

/feeling the nostalgia
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne