News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

The Artists of Destruction: FEAR US!

Started by Cataclysta, February 20, 2009, 12:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cataclysta

Two tiny Arasai, who look like mirror images of each other, hover over the door of a South Qeynos home late at night, waiting for the unsuspecting young Elf who lives there to return to her home.  A third person, a Sarnak, lurks around the corner, hiding in the darkness.

As the pretty Feir'dal approaches her house, the tiny Arasai fly over her head and throw a giant burlap sack over the Elf, big enough to enclose her whole body.   

The Elf screams for help, but one of the Arasai casts a stifling spell, preventing her from having sounds escape her lips  The giant Sarnak then leaps onto the scene and snatches the sack, throwing it over his broad shoulder while the Elf tries to wiggle herself free.

The scene is repeated three more times, until the band of bandits has four scared, mortified members of the Saga family in their captivity.

Their names:  Kiaria, Callysta, Anaris, and Aluini

A scroll is delivered by a young Gnome to the Saga guildhall.  The scroll reads:

SAGA LEADERSHIP, YOU'VE BEEN WARNEDZ:

We havz taken your pretty Elvz prizonerz for ranzom!  Pleez diliver the folloween ranzom diliviriez in ezchange for your pretty Elvz or we will keel them!  We want 99 Jum Jum piez for Kiaria, a Ratonga zervant for Callyzta, all the Qeynoz mailboxez for Anariz, and the hair from 1000 Halfing orphanz for Aluini by nezt Oceanzfull or the Elvz get thrown in the Oceanz of Tearz to their deathz!

Pleez dilivier to:
Big Rock to the left of the bell
Timorouz Deep

Zinzirely,
Scorched, Cataclysta, Bullwhip, and the other Ebil Guy
The Artiztz of Dekztruction

An hour after the letter above is delivered, a large, writhing sack is left outside the Saga guildhall's door, with a note attached to it that reads:

PLEAZE TAKE THIZ REDHEAD ONE BACK, PLEAZE! No needz to zend zee mailboxez!

The Artiztz of Dekztruction

Cataclysta
Scorching's Twin Sister
Ebil Criminal Mastermind of the Artists of Destruction

Namae Nai

Namae discovers the squirming sack, and opens it immediately, discovering a bound and gagged (and double gagged.. no, triple gagged?) Lady Anaris.

Removing the restraints as quickly as possible, she asks, "What happened, Milady?"
Namae Nai, Wandering Troubadour, 60,000,000,000$$ reward!

Anaris

*still dizzy and shaken, tries to stand in order to unwrinkle her robe and fix her hair*

Oh Namae!  It was horrible!  Simply horrible!  I was walking home from my b...from church...and suddenly everything went dark and I was off my feet and in some sort of sack!  A nightmare!  I didn't even know what hit me!  All I know is that I was being taken somewhere while inside that bag, so awful!  They tried to stiffle me, but stifling is one of my specialties so I know how to counter them, though it was difficult to even move in there!  So then they gagged me....

*sighs and brushes her hair quickly*

Anyway, they've got others with them!  We must act quickly!  Oh, and the nerve!  They said they weren't going to keep me because, hear this, I was too heavy to carry to Timo-something Deep and too annoying to keep around???  Lies!  I'm not that heavy, and I'm far from a nuisance!  They should be so lucky to have me in their captivity!.......right?

*bats her eyelashes at Namae*

EQ2: Luxelen, Anaris, Nixabella   GW2: Aramaia.4365

Namae Nai

*looks at Lady Anaris, then back at the sack*

"So.... you mean you want to go back into the sack?"  ???
Namae Nai, Wandering Troubadour, 60,000,000,000$$ reward!

Anaris

NO silly!  Gods no!  That was terrible!  And my hair!!

*reads the note*

Oh no.........

*panics*

They've got Kiaria!  And Aluini!  And.....Callysta?!  Why would they keep Callysta and not me?!  I mean, not that I'd want to be in that situation but really...? Callysta?!  Over me?  I knew they sounded like very inept criminals, and this proves it!

*huffs and storms into the hall, handing the note back to Namae*

Erendrel

*notices Namae reading soemthing as he passes by and glances at it over her shoulder*

Hmm.. this is more serious than I thought. It appeared to me to be nothring more than pranksters, but i was only hearing the commotion. And the way you were treated, Lady Anaris! Deplorable! This cannot go unanswered, nor can our friends be left in the clutches of these fools. I am at your service in this.
Erendrel EQ2

Dekkart SWTOR

Lyrima

Quote...This cannot go unanswered, nor can our friends be left in the clutches of these fools. I am at your service in this.

Eh?

Did Jez get stuck with Kiaria again?  I'll help!

*grins wolfishly*

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Jezerai

Boudeccai strides into the room, her face set and storms swirling in her wake.  Lightening fires off around her and licks of fire circle her feet.  Standing in the middle of the guild hall, she bellows loud enough to shake the chandeliers ... "Saga!  To arms!" 
EQ2: Boudeccai, Callysta, Dulcette, Mabb, Missa, Kudzoo, Negghia, Alanni
SWTOR: Jezerai, Callysta, Jujule, Myrriam, Catta, Temi'ana
TSW: Kud-zu, Teasel

Ravenns

Aluini smiled coyly at Kharem as they walked arm in arm through the darkened streets of North Qeynos.  The evening was cool, but not uncomfortable.  The young wizard and his Fier'Dal wife had spent a relaxing evening at the Saga guildhall, eating and sharing stories of the road with friends before heading out into the night.  They passed a guard patrol and waved a cheerful greeting.  The sergeant relaxed his grip on his sword hilt as he recognized the familiar couple, and returned a wave before turning back to his rounds.  "Members of Saga, a respectable guild here on the North side.", one of the guardsmen told the newest recruit.

The guards stationed at the gate to South Qeynos allowed them to pass unchallenged as well.  Kharem and Aluini were frequent visitors to the city, even though they lived in Kelethin.  Tonight they would not be returning home.

"I am worried about Zerzal", Aluini whispered in a low voice.  Kharem nodded but said nothing.  He was distracted by a strange feeling of dread, and was trying to pinpoint the cause of it.  They crossed the courtyard, shadows skipping and dancing in the flickering firelight of the torches

"She is long overdue, but Boudeccai doesn't seem concerned.", Aluini continued.  Kharem murmured something in agreement, his eyes searching the darkness ahead.  Aluini sensed his mood, and followed his gaze into the shadows. 

They were approaching Maile's Exchange on the corner of Karana Court and the main square.  Kharem slipped his arm out of Aluini's, and rested it on the belt pouch where he kept his spell components.  The gesture was not lost on Aluini. "Should I summon Redblaze?" she whispered.

"You should get home and lock the door now!" Kharem hissed.  "Iksar!"  Aluini's eyes grew wide, and she turned back toward the gate and the guard patrol.

"NOW!", Kharem repeated urgently.  "Let's go!"  They broke into a trot as they passed the Exchange and headed down Karana Court.  Kharem glanced up and down the first street they passed.  He noticed a movement to his right, and slowed to a walk, then stopped to get a closer look at several figures at the end of the street, hoping it was another guard patrol.  Aluini kept moving, heading toward the doorway and the safety of home.

Kharem took a few steps toward the patrol, then realized it was merely a group of companions who had just left the Lion's Mane Inn at the end of the street.  With a mild curse, he turned back toward Aluini.  He rounded the corner, impatient to be reunited with her, and saw a sight that filled him with dread.  Aluini had reached the doorway to their home, and was about to enter when two winged creatures descended on her from the darkness above.  A huge sack dropped completely over her slender figure, and she disappeared from view.

The blood rage rose in him instantly, and he reached into a pouch at his side.  He removed the elfstone, and stepped into the darkened doorway beside him.   The familiar feeling of vertigo and disorientation passed quickly.  A paladin stepped out of the doorway.  Dressed almost completely in black, he was invisible in the shadows.   His dark cloak concealed his form. He looked up in time to see a huge reptilian creature sling the wiggling, writhing sack over its shoulder.  The creature looked quickly around then turned the corner, followed by the two winged creatures who chattered nervously.

Ravenns unsheathed his blade with a deadly hiss, and sprinted with murderous intent toward the fleeing kidnappers.

Sendiwen

Bahladar stumbles in after working at the Ironforge and sees the guild hall in a mess

Who threw a party and did nay invite me?  

Looking around, He overhears Boudeccai and sees that she is in a rage.  Bahladar jumps behind the bar.  Slowly getting the nerve to talk, he squeeks

Me Love...I did nay do this!  I swear.  I would nay break bottles when I raid the bar.

Lyrima

*straightens up instantly at the call from her leader*

Aight !  I'm ready.

*a steely look enters her usually grinning eyes*

*her wolfish smile turns deadly*
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Anaris

Well, I suppose I can bake some of the Jum Jum pies....

Oh, poor Kharem and poor Halagren!  To have their loved ones stolen like that!  They must be terribly upset...  Too bad Callysta doesn't have anyone to mourn her.... 

If it is of any help, I did hear their names while I was held captive.  The large one, his name was Bullwhip.  He appeared to be an Iksar, or Sarnak, one of those creatures.  The one with the funny lisp was named Cataclysm or something like that.  A third was named Scorching.  There was a fourth, a male voice, but they never said his name.  These aren't the brightest of the lot, I'd say...they couldn't even conceal their identities very well...  I didn't see what they looked like but at least we've got names.

Cataclysta

Deep in Timorous Deep, in a shabby Gorowyn apartment, four figures hover over three big sacks laid on the floor.

GRRRRR!  You are zo ztupid Bullwhip!  I told you that wazn't Mizza!  That iz Callyzta.  I don't know if she iz worth az much to Zaga!

The Arasai furiously flies about the apartment, from one side to the other, plotting the bandits' next move.  She squints her eyes and rubs her chin, pondering.

Zcorching?  Do you think maybe we should zend Zaga another mezzage?  Maybe, a threatening one that zayz we're not mezzing around here, maybe add zome fireworkz and zpecial dramatic effectz?  How about zome blood, too?  It doezn't have to be the elvz'z blood!  We could kill that rat there and uze itz blood...

Points at a rat dangerously approaching the sacks on the ground.

I wonder if they're hungry...?  What do elvz eat anyway?  Melted gold?

Tilts her head and peers at the sacks curiously.

Hey you!  Prizzy Elvz!  You hungry?

Cataclysta
Scorching's Twin Sister
Ebil Criminal Mastermind of the Artists of Destruction

Orrernoeth

/squirms in the bag trying to get out or at least get her hands free so she can cast a spell

Hears the question about food, and wonders how she was suppose to answer with her mouth covered.
Lady Orrernoeth Pureheart
Mystic of 89 Wardings
Wife of Sir Ravenns Pureheart

Lyrima

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Jezerai

Callysta sat in her bag, more angry than hurt or frightened.  How DARE they stick her this stinky bag with a foul tasting rag stuffed in her mouth!  How DARE they tie her hands in such an uncomfortable way!  On second thought, however, her hands being tied back did push her breasts forward in a most becoming way.  Callysta entertained herself with thoughts of one of the handsome Saga paladins finding her in her sack looking so lovely and helpless.  Callysta gave a little sigh of satisfaction as she thought of this and the look on Anaris' face when she was rescued and made a fuss over. 

Soon, however, the enchantment of the little scenario lost its appeal as the reality of her uncomfortable predicament reasserted itself on her sensibilities, primarily her nose.  Callysta sighed thinking that it would likely take ages for the paladins to find them in this disgusting place and set about thinking of ways to free herself from the restraints.  She considered summoning her sister, Ella, but the girl was totally useless in situations like this and would likely just mope about staring in her silly way.  Callysta thought about her various powers and realized that none would be of much use here.  She could make the kidnappers go to sleep, which might help if they were insomniacs or something but she was not yet powerful enough to charm one to force them to do her bidding, a fact she would die a thousand deaths with hundreds of smelly rags in her mouth before she would admit to Anaris.

Suddenly Callysta remembered her nail file.  She had just finished her manicure and was starting to paint her toenails when she had been unceremoniously dumped in a bag and dragged off.  The nail file should still be tucked in her belt where she had left it.  Callysta felt around with much difficulty but gave a slight cry of triumph when she discovered the file and set to work on the rope binding her hands.  Although the file was not sharp, the rope was old and partly rotted and the file made quick work of the restraint.  Callysta felt a momentary pang as her posture returned to normal, but wasted no time in ridding herself of the smelly gag.

She could hear the abductors asking if they were hungry.  She considered answering because yes, she was and a scone and some tea would be lovely.  Then she considered that perhaps this was a trick because she was supposed to be gagged so she kept quiet, though her stomach growled most unbecomingly at the thought of food.

Jezerai

Boudeccai Boru rubbed her fingertips against her forehead.  Although she had gotten herself under control, the initial rage she had felt at learning of the capture of their members had left a throbbing headache in its wake.  She could feel the anger boiling beneath the surface facade she managed to hold in place only with difficulty.  It was at times like these that she felt most keenly her lack of experience leading others.  She was a barbarian, or at least half barbarian, and uneducated.  She wished that she was able to summon the cool poise of Orrernoeth at times like these.  Her instinct was to lash out at her enemies and all that would harm Saga.  To burn them with her fires or set them alight with her storms, not reason and plan with calm objectivity.  The two halves of her nature warred, leaving Boudeccai drained and spent. 

To think that they had two of the perpetrators in their very tavern!  But it could not be helped.  The only ones present had been two of the fae and Erendrel.  The fae were unable to comprehend the magnitude of what was happening and Erendrel ... well, while she would normally rely without qualm on the paladin he was a bit distracted these days.  In any event he had not noticed until much too late that anything was amiss and had failed to detain the intruders as well.  Perhaps Gilleana was right.  If they had not grown so complacent with their happy lives in Saga, perhaps these vermin would not have been able to take three of their members.  Boudeccai slammed her fist into the table.

She had heard from Ravenns.  She did not quite understand how Ravenns, Kiaf, and Kharem could be the same person as well as three distinct people, but in any event he had been on the scene immediately.  Understandably alarmed and determined to win his lady free, he had set off immediately, but lost the kidnappers.  Even now he was scouring Timorous Moor seeking sign of where the girls were hidden.  Boudeccai took a deep breath.  The first step was to find the girls.  These ... artists ... would be dealt with when the girls were found and returned home safe.  With that end in mind, Boudeccai called in her husband, Bahladar Boru, as well as her co-leader, Menemas, to lead Saga into battle.

Erendrel

Erendrel paced the foyer of the guildhall, his hand clenching and uncleancing the hilt of his sword. How could he have been so inattentive to his duties, he wondered, and betrated his failure yet again, as he had repeatedly since the kidnapping. He failed in his duty, failed his guild, failed himself as a paladin. Nothing could excuse it, nothing could expunge his guilt other than the safe return of the victims and the flowing blood of the prepetrators. At least one of the ladies was safe, though that was little comfort. He feared Anaris would hold the failure against him for decades. He fear they all would, especially Boudeccai.

Rumor had it that the kidnappers wer last seen in the Sinking Sands. Erendrel checked his blade for freedom, and stepped toward the magic carpet, his face set resoultely, his mind intent on vengeance.
Erendrel EQ2

Dekkart SWTOR

Scorching

Quote from: Cataclysta on February 21, 2009, 05:31:43 PM
Deep in Timorous Deep, in a shabby Gorowyn apartment, four figures hover over three big sacks laid on the floor.

GRRRRR!  You are zo ztupid Bullwhip!  I told you that wazn't Mizza!  That iz Callyzta.  I don't know if she iz worth az much to Zaga!

The Arasai furiously flies about the apartment, from one side to the other, plotting the bandits' next move.  She squints her eyes and rubs her chin, pondering.

"Sister, relax. These ones are from Qeynos and as long as what was liberated from Saga is young and pretty, they will want it back." Scorching stretches, her back still aching from having to bear the weight of an entire netted elf. She turns back to a paint splashed easel and dabs a bit more color on a crude painting of three bags. A fourth can be seen, visibly painted over.

Zcorching?  Do you think maybe we should zend Zaga another mezzage?  Maybe, a threatening one that zayz we're not mezzing around here, maybe add zome fireworkz and zpecial dramatic effectz?  How about zome blood, too?  It doezn't have to be the elvz'z blood!  We could kill that rat there and uze itz blood...

"Scorching thinks that is too dangerous." The arasai doesn't look up from her painting as she monotones, "Sister, Saga will be looking for communication and attempt to intercept Artists. Sister remembers negative space, correct? The less Saga knows about where the Artists are, the more It will haunt them."

Points at a rat dangerously approaching the sacks on the ground.

I wonder if they're hungry...?  What do elvz eat anyway?  Melted gold?

Tilts her head and peers at the sacks curiously.

Hey you!  Prizzy Elvz!  You hungry?

"Sister and Scorching should open the bags to look upon them. The ones we took should be full of terror by now." Scorching nods slowly in agreement, still brushing away leisurely at the painting, "And what's more... Scorching needs to paint them before Sister and Bullwhip send them back. A foray into the world of artistic kidnapping would not be complete if we did not catalog the terror of captured properly."

Anaris

*Anaris stood in front of the guildhall's stove, baking away, her forehead with a hint of dew*

Is that...sweat?  I can't believe I am sweating!  I never sweat!  I don't think I've ever worked this hard before...

*she looks at the finished baked goods as she delicately dabs a silk handkerchief over her forehead... Only 40 jum jum pies, 59 more to go...*

Oh my....here I worry about a little sweat on my forehead, but what about poor Kiaria and Aluini, and even Callysta!  Who knows if their captors are even letting them bathe!  The poor darlings, they must be horrified at the prospect of not being able to brush their hair or groom!

Samina!  I need you to fetch me more jum jums.  While you are out, please stop by my spa and bring enough products with you so I can make a beauty care package for the girls!

*Samina peers up from the jewelry work bench and sighs*

Now Lady A., how you gonna get them a care package if we don't even know where they're keepin' 'em, eh?  Unless you're not tellin' us everythin' you know....?  Says Samina, raising a pierced eyebrow at Anaris.

Don't be silly Samina!  Of course I've no idea where they are, but from the note I deduct that they're somewhere in Timorous Deep.  My plan is to drop several beauty care packages and hope that they're at least considerate enough of Kiaria's beauty ritual.  It's cruel enough they've taken the girls, but it's even more tragic if they don't let them at least put on some moisturizer!

*Samina rolls her eyes at Anaris and sighs again, picking up after herself.  She flings a bag over her shoulder and heads out the door to complete Anaris's latest request*