News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Home?

Started by Nina, November 12, 2006, 07:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nina

Wha' by Brell is goin' on?
Why ye all ruffhousin' in our tavern?
* A female dwarf looks around the room, surveying the unusual goings-on in the Guild hall.
This still the Saga tavern?
* The dwarf seems to be confused, looking for something or someone that should be here but isn't. She strokes her beard as she looks around behind the bar, only to see a giant brown spider.
Bah!
Where's the bartender, I need a drink.

Lyrima

*watches as Eyeballs scuttles by*

Yo, stranger!  *cheerful smile*

Yah, this here's the Saga Tavern.  Ya new about these parts?

*strides right up to the dwarf*

I'm Lyrima Vakhar, Ranger of 41 ranks in the Tunarian Alliance 'n vet of Saga.

*thrusts out hand to be shaken*
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Sunbeam

* Sunbeam ducks his head as he comes in the door, only to trip over a chair

"HELO SAGA PEEPLS! WHUT .... AAAAAAAAA!"

Narrowly missing a dwarf on the way down, he looks up and smiles

"HELO LIRMA! HOO IS THE DWORF?"

PinkRose

Hail Lyrima. Names Kanina. An' unless ye the barkeep, I aint interested in talkin' jus' yet.
And Why...
* Nina immediately spins when she hears the commotion, caused by the Ogre.
Her hand instinctively grasping her Epic Flail, as her other hand shoots out in front of her.
I ask Brell ta Smite ye down with the power that he has givin' ta me!
* Her hand begins to glow a brilliant red as the holy power charges up.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Lyrima

*leaps between Sunny and Nina*

HOLD!

*pulls her rapier and holds it threateningly*

I don't care who ya are, ya ain't gonna go round harming our family!

*waits for her message to sink in*

This here ogre's a member of Saga and a part of our family. 

*steely green eyes narrow, muscles tense*
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Namae Nai

"And so is the dwarf, Lyrima." The druidess teleports in right behind Kanina.

"It's been too long Nina... " Namae kneels to drop down to eye level with the cleric, "You know this isn't your world, correct? Brell seems to have put ya quite a number of years into the future, and the rules are different here."

"Elsbet didn't talk you into visiting the 'Greatfool, did she? This is one of the tricks I might expect from him." Namae smiles, "Still, it is fantastic to see you again!" She hugs the dwarf.

Namae then produces a talisman, "Brell's Everlasting Brew is still your favorite? I'll summon you some. The alcohol they serve these days is different.. they've managed to removed the beer goggle effect, and to some extent, the taste."
Namae Nai, Wandering Troubadour, 60,000,000,000$$ reward!

Nina

BAH!

* The  dwarf quells her spell, though her grip stays on her Flail. Slowly she turns so as to see both her old friend and those new to her.
I aint understandin' what's goin' on. I was visitin' Elsbet's bakery there on the moon. An' then I was 'ere.
An' THAT,
* She  points at the Large Ogre on the floor,
thing comes bargin' at me. An' this elf trys ta protect it. I don't know why I'm 'ere.
An' By Brell, I don't know why yer lookin' like that. I know yer Namae. But ye aint.

First thing first, I need a drink!

Namae Nai

"You're going to need several by the time we're done explaining." Namae waves the talisman over two empty glasses, and they magically fill with Brew. She hands them both to 'Nina. "Ok, for starters, I dunno how you're here. But it's been at least a hundred years since the portal to Luclin failed and the moon itself shattered."

"Most civilization was wiped out, all contact was lost with Odus, Faydwer, Kunark.. you name it. The disturbance also sealed the planes.. no more Plane of Knowledge." The druidess appears sad, "I was with Master during this time, so I could only watch as the world fell apart. I... never saw what happened to the rest of Saga..."

"Anyway, right now you're in the tavern of the Saga that was rebuilt later from the tales that were told to those that lived through the tragedy...." Namae suddenly has a thought. "HEY! I know, you HAVE to tell me about Delwood and you! I've been dying to know how that happened!"

Missa

*A dainty young wood elf strolls in.  She casts a beaming smile, with two large dimples showing in either cheek, on Lyrima and Sunbeam, her blue eyes dancing merrily.  A pet made of misty air trails her into the tavern.*

Greetings, friends!  *She waves to both, then notices two newcomers.  Their clothes and style mark them as different from anyone she has ever seen.*

Why, hello!  *She turns her radiant smile onto the druid and cleric.*  I am Missa, conjuror and master seamstress!  *She curtsies delicately, bowing a perfectly coifed head towards the newcomers.*  We here at Saga are always pleased to welcome new friends!

*She peers around the inn, looking for someone.*  Has anyone seen Jasyn about?  I was hoping to talk to him about some dolls he wants made up.

Namae Nai

"Hiya Missa!"

"Oops.. sorry, I forgot I hadn't introduced you. Lyrima, Sunbeam, Missa, this is Kanina K'val, High Priestess of Brell, slayer of dragons, evil gods, and more wyverns than she would like to remember." She stands and indicates the person being described, "Nina, this is Lyrima the ranger, Missa the conjurer, that's like a Magician, and Sunbeam the exceptionally friendly, non-evil, and unthreatening Ogre. As you can see, Norrath has changed it's politics. a lot."

Leaning over to Lyrima and Missa, Namae whispers into their ears, "Ixshnay on the arkshday elves, please? She's had issues in the past."

"Nina is... umm... I suppose you could say she's the leader of Saga."

Sunbeam

Quote from: Namae Nai on November 13, 2006, 02:54:36 PM
...and Sunbeam the exceptionally friendly, non-evil, and unthreatening Ogre. As you can see, Norrath has changed it's politics. a lot."[/color]

Sunbeam grins a huge, toothy grin. "IM SUNBEEM! IM A HEELER!  AND I NIT, TOO!"

Quote from: Namae Nai on November 13, 2006, 02:54:36 PM
"Nina is... umm... I suppose you could say she's the leader of Saga."

Sunbeam looks thoughtful (an odd look, to be sure). "WHUT HAPPEN TO MISTER FLAN?"

Lyrima

*watches with narrowed eyes the exchanges between Namae and Nina*

Aight.

*sheathes her rapier*

Jus so's she don't threaten Sunny.

*glances at the contemplative ogre*

*expression clears as an affectionate grin descends*

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Jasyn

* Jasyn trudges into the tavern and, with a great sigh of relief, dumps several heavy bags into a corner, allowing them to collapse into a disorderly pile.  After a quick stretch, he cuts across the room and stops short of the bar.  Coming to a momentary standstill, one by one, he looks to Lyrima and Namae, then Missa and Sunbeam.

Howdy, Beamer.

* Jasyn 's eyes finally settle on the dwarf.  An eyebrow perks up as he takes a shallow breath, readying himself to say something.  Thinking better of it, he quickly shuts his mouth.  He starts to edge toward the bar again.  Stops.  Pauses to peer curiously at the dwarf one more time.

Uh.  Hm...

* Turning  away without saying anything, Jasyn strolls over to the bar, lines up several mugs, fills them with ale, and finds a comfortable seat on an end stool.  From beyond the edge of his chosen mug, he sneaks another glance at the gathering as he guzzles down an ale.

Solerei

*resigned to being an arachnid for all eternity, Solspider climbs onto the table near Jasyn, leaving a befuddled Kerra behind* 

*Solspider tucks her legs underneath her, attempting to look like a furry loaf of bread, in a bid to get close enough to Jasyn's ale mug when he puts it down to steal some*

Noa

* Noamuth peers up from behind her pile of books in the corner booth, dark red eyes surveying the scene.  She's heard tale of the Saga of old.  She knows, like with most of Qeynos, that the old dwarf will not welcome her.  Her reaction to the ogre tells her this quite clearly.  Glancing silently from face to face, she plans her next move quickly.  She holds close the red aura now forming at her finger tips.  She'll slip into the shadows, then slip silently out, leaving her books to be retrieved later.

And then Missa bounds in, all bubbly and annoying.

Then Jasyn.

This changes things a bit.

Perhaps she'd better just sit hidden and keep an eye on things ...

And with that the dark elf fades unnoticed into the shadows.

EQ2 again ~ Ellie (Kaladim), Noa (AB)
EQ again ~ Vee, Mak, Ellewys (FV)
ESO ~ Vieolah
SW:TOR ~ Emme
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
EQ2 ~ Noamuth, Ellendrielle
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Missa

*A deep blush colors her cheeks and turns her neck a deep red as soon as she notices Jasyn*

Uh ... Hello there Jasyn!

*Turning her deepest dimpled smile on her favorite ranger, she chooses a seat next to his at the bar and orders a fizzlepop*

Oh, I'm forgetting my manners!  *greatly daring, she rests her hand on Jasyn's arm*  This is Nina, Jasyn!  She says she's the boss of Saga and I don't know what she's done with Flann!

*The implications of this finally sinking in, she casts a worried gaze on Namae*  Oh!  What has she done with Flann?

Namae Nai

"Hi Jasyn! I'm summoning old style Dwarven beer, if you want some." She offers Jasyn several. "Careful, this stuff is extra potent, and it actually makes you dizzy and unable to see staight. This recipe was made before they solved that problem in alcoholic beverages."

Turning to the other patrons she answers, "Sunbeam, Missa, she hasn't done anything to Flann. He's the leader of Saga, too."

Namae explains, "Nina is the leader of Saga from a loooong time ago. Back when Ogres lived in the Feerott, and all woodelves lived in the forest called Greater Faydark. There used to be a town there called Kelethin, and it was on the top of the trees." The druidess smiles, recounting the past. "Growing up there is one of the first memories I have."

Lyrima

Lyrima settles comfortably in her spot at the bar.  Nodding to the tender, she accepts her small glass of amber liquid and her tall glass of cold water.

She tosses back the shot and sips her water before turning her attention to those around her.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Jasyn

* Jasyn sniffs at the Dwarven beer offered by Namae.

This stuff smells like what they were servin' durin' the Brewday festival.  Made me go cross-eyed, but I was still able to walk straight.  Mmm.  Good stuff!

* Jasyn turns an eye back to Kanina as Missa makes the introductions.  He stares at the dwarf for a moment without a sound.  Finally, making a vague gesture at his own face, he says to her...

Ya got somethin' on ya's chin'.

* Jasyn draws another sip from his selection of beverages and offers Kanina a cloth.

Missa

*Beams with joy that Jasyn has noticed her ... well sort of noticed her, but that's not important right now.  What's important is that she is sitting here right NEXT to Jasyn, and Noamuth is nowhere around to spoil it all!*

*sips her fizzlepop and casts a beaming smile on the group, oblivious to the dark shadow in the corner*

So how, did you say?  You got here, Nina? 

*She settles to listen, loving stories and content for the dwarf to take all day.*